▪ Art. 7, 8, 13(b), 19(1), 25(3)(a), 27, 58(1) and (2)(d) of the Rome Statute
Charges (Gender Based Crimes):
▪ Persecution (including acts of sexual violence) as a crime against humanity;
▪ Rape as a crime against humanity and as a war crime; and
▪ Outrages upon personal dignity as a war crime
▪ Abdel Raheem was the Minister of the Interior and Special Representative of the President in Darfur and as an influential member of the Government of the Republic of the Sudan. He is now the Minister of Defence of Republic of Sudan.
▪ He was one of the officials along with Al Bashir who was involved in formulating and recruiting to execute a systemic attack against civilians of ethnic communities particularly Fur population in four towns.
▪ He is charged for rape, murder and outrage upon personal dignity.
▪ A warrant for arrest was issued in 2012 by the Pre- Trial Chamber
Charged with seven counts of crimes against humanity and six counts of war crimes.
Read the full judgment here.