Art. 7(1)(g); 7(1)(k); 7(1)(c); 7(1)(f); 8(2)(b)(xxii); 8(2)(e)(vi); 8(2)(c)(ii); 8(2)(a)(ii); 8(2)(c)(i)
Charges(Gender Based Crimes):
▪ Forced marriage as a crime against humanity
▪ Torture as a crime against humanity and war crime
▪ Rape as a crime against humanity and war crime
▪ Sexual slavery as a crime against humanity and war crime
▪ Enslavement as a crime against humanity
▪ Forced pregnancy as a crime against humanity and war crime
▪ Outrages upon personal dignity as a war crime
▪ He is alleged to be the Commander of the LRA Oka Battalion since at least August 2002, the Second in Command of the LRA Sinia Brigade since September 2003 and its Brigade Commander since March 2004.
▪ Prosecuted for crimes against civilians in Uganda from 2002-05 and most committed during attacks on our internally displaced persons’ camps.
▪ It is the case with highest number of counts of sexual and gender based crime charges in ICC to date. (4,107 victims participated since start of the trial)
▪ All charges of gender based crimes were confirmed in 2016.
▪ Ongwen voluntarily surrendered in January 2015.
Read the full judgment here.